- GPS accuracy
- Ease of use
Are you looking for a high quality fish finder that gives you clear and accurate images? If so, then this Raymarine Dragonfly 7 review will bring you all the information you need about this great fish finder.
Priced at a little over $500, this fish finder is quite affordable in comparison to other high-end fish finders on the market.
As this fish finder comes with many great features including CHIRP technology and a high definition screen, it is excellent value and quality for the money you will pay.
Tracking And Accuracy
This fish finder uses CHIRP technology and it is possibly the CHIRP that makes this one of the best fish finders on the market. CHIRP allows the device to use several frequencies across the spectrum, resulting in high quality images with great definition.
If you like to be able to go back to a great fishing spot, you can make use of the Raymarine Dragonfly 7’s trackback feature. This feature means that the device will keep a log of the waypoints that you store in its system. This saves you the hassle of trying to manually keep track of all the positions that you stop at on each trip. One of the great advantages of this feature is that you will save time when you are on a tight schedule, and it will also save you fuel as you can take the straightest path to your destination.
To allow you to easily navigate your way, you can make use of the sonar GPS feature that is integrated into this fish finder.
The Dragonfly 7 fish finder has a patented display that has the highest quality and clearest graphics. When you need to see everything beneath the water clearly, this fish finder really delivers. By using CHIRP technology, the transducer searches in a downward motion and shows you all objects, fish and land on the full color,
Rather than just choosing one single frequency to search for fish, the CHIRP technology scans for fish using multiple frequencies at one time. This allows the system to give you a more detailed display of the entire area of water around your boat with clear and lifelike accuracy.
The screen offers you a 640 x 480 pixel resolution. The LED backlight ensures that regardless of the brightness of the daylight, you’ll still be able to view the display clearly. You can also benefit from the high quality color display and the clear images that it provides.
You can load your own maps onto this device thanks to the Micro SD Card slots that are integrated into the design. You can use Hot Maps or Navionics silver and gold with this fish finder.
This fish finder is reasonably easy to connect up and to disconnect once you’ve finished with it. It will only take you a few minutes to install or remove when you need to, which makes it very portable. It also only weights 5 pounds and is 12 x 10 x 6 inches in size. If you have multiple boats, hire boats frequently, or if you simply want to have the option of moving the fish finder around easily, this feature is highly desirable.
Ease Of Use
You’ll be pleased to know that the Dragonfly 7 is a very easy device to use. Even if you’ve never used a fish finder before, the Dragonfly 7 is as simple to use as your phone. The controls are laid out well and are easy to understand, so you can be using this fish finder in no time.
You won’t need to purchase anything additionally when you buy the Dragonfly 7. Not only will you receive the device itself, but it also comes with a bracket, a transom mount transducer, a power cable to power the device and an easy to follow user guide.
- CHIRP technology ensures that the transducer can produce a highly detailed and accurate image of the water around you.
- High resolution and definition offers you one of the best displays on the market.
- You don’t need to purchase any additional accessories as you get everything you need with this singular purchase.
- The Dragonfly 7 has easy to use controls and features.
- This is a highly portable device that can be moved from one location to another in just a few minutes.
- You will get excellent value for money when you purchase this affordable fish finder.
- High 640 x 480 resolution ensures high definition and detail.
- Sonar GPS tracks your location and stores to SD card your history so that you can revisit successful locations.
- The power lead is quite short on this device, so you will need to ensure that you either place it near to a power socket, or you could use an extension lead if you need the flexibility with positioning.
- This device is only available to customers in the US for now.
The many features outlined in this Raymarine Dragonfly 7 review give plenty of reasons why you should choose this fish finder if you want a device that you can rely on. Not only will it help you in one single fish finding mission, but also because it can remember your history, you can save time and fuel by revisiting the same spots. Other great features like the CHIRP sonar scanner and the great display ensure that you can get accurate result every time.